NSW Business Support Package
On Sunday, the NSW Government announced a $1bn business support package including:
- Up to $5k per week for Feb 2022 – A lump sum payment of 20% of weekly payroll, up to a maximum of $5,000 per week for the month of February 2022 for eligible businesses (non-employing businesses receive $500 per week).
To access the package, businesses must:
- Have an aggregated annual turnover between $75,000 and $50 million (inclusive) for the year ended 30 June 2021; and
- Experienced a decline in turnover of at least 40% due to Public Health Orders or the impact of COVID-19 during the month of January 2022 compared to January 2021 or January 2020; and
- Experienced a decline in turnover of 40% or more from 1 to 14 February 2022 compared to the same fortnight in either 2021 or 2020 (using the same comparison year utilised in the decline in turnover test for January)
- Maintain their employee headcount from “the date of the announcement of the scheme” (30 January 2022).
- Fees and charges rebate increased to $3,000 and extended to cover future RAT tests
- Commercial landlord relief extended to 13 March 2022
NSW performing arts package extended until April 2022 (see CreateNSW)